From the Steering Committee:
- The Steering Committee has two new members! Joining us from East Carolina University, Rebecca Tatterson, Electronic Resources Librarian, and Michael Reece, Lead Developer, began serving on the Steering Committee in May 2018. Welcome, ECU team! You can find the complete governance roster on the CORAL website.
- The beta 3.0 release is now widely available on Github. The release can be tested without installation at the Texas A&M demo site. The Steering Committee seeks input, feedback, suggestions, code, and any information that can help get the 3.0 release stable and ready. Please let the CORAL teams know what you think at email@example.com.
- CORAL users likely saw a flurry of activity on the mailing list from the CORAL UX design group, a student group from UCLA who has been performing a UX study of CORAL since April. Thank you to everyone who participated in this much-needed work; the group will be releasing their results soon, and we’ll be making those available on the CORAL website.
- BibLibre has recently hired an intern to perform some much-needed development on the database structure of CORAL. The goal for the internship is to merge the separate databases behind each module into a single one for more cohesive development. The intern is contracted through the summer, so stay tuned for updates on that development by following the project on Github.
From the Web Committee:
- The Web Committee also has a new member! Kelsey Brett, Electronic Resources Librarian, joins us from Texas A&M. Thanks for getting involved, Kelsey! You can find the complete governance roster on the CORAL website.
- Most recently, the Web Committee has been working to update the documentation for the 3.0 release. The process of updating has been documented as a Github project. Know about some documentation that is badly in need of an update? Please let the Web Committee know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The work of the Web Committee is also profiled in the Spring 2018 story “Beyond About Us.” Check it out!